Tongarra Day Sail
This 1 Day Whitsundays Sailing Adventure is undeniably the best day trip experience for young adventurous backpackers looking for excitement.
If you’re ready for the trip of a lifetime, then you’re in the right place!
This tour will take you to the most iconic spots in the Whitsundays for a trip filled with Instagram-worthy moments!
- Explore some of the Whitsunday’s best-kept secret spots
- Fun and informative ECO tour guides
- Sit back and relax on the deck of Tongarra (bean bags included)
- Feast on delicious snacks and freshly prepared lunch
- Snorkels at the best fringing reefs the region has to offer
- Enjoy a fun “Banana Boat” ride
- Explore Langford Sandbar and snorkel the fringing Langford Reef straight off the sand
- Return sunset sail back to Airlie Beach
- BYO Alcohol (and we provide the eski and ice)
- Australian owned, and family-operated business for the past 10 years
- We are the elite guiding experience and are proud to be Australia’s only marine-accredited Savannah Guide Enterprise
- 2018 and 2019 Gold winners for the best “Major Tour and Transport Operator” in Australia!
- 2021 Gold winner for the best “Adventure Tourism” Business in Australia!
- WHALES! Keep your eyes on the horizon for Humpback Whales – frequently seen between the months of June to September!
Arrive 30 mins prior to departure for check-in at Coral Sea Marina North End – Meeting point B
For the first 2 hours, sit back relax and enjoy a sail to the first snorkel location. Here you will have time to snorkel. The fringing reefs in these locations are home to some of the most spectacular coral formations and an incredible range of marine life in the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsundays.
Step back aboard Tongarra and enjoy a delicious lunch on the deck in the middle of a small tropical oasis. The perfect place to relax and soak up those views before setting sail once more.
Our accredited ECO guides will give a history talk about the Islands and marine life. We are accredited Climate Actions Leaders and love to share our knowledge with our customers.
After lunch, it’s only a short trip to the spectacular Langford Island Sandbar. Snorkel off the beach with the resident turtles, hike the scenic bushwalk, or relax on the sands of this idyllic location. Relax, play, and explore the island for 2 hours and treat yourself to some fun activities such as paddle boarding and a banana boat ride.
Once back on board, hoist the sails and help take the helm as you chart your course back to Coral Sea Marina, returning with the sunset sail. So, grab your camera, feel the ocean breeze in your hair, and adventure to Whitsunday’s best lesser-known locations…
- Lunch and snacks
- Lycra suit hire
- Snorkelling equipment (excluding prescription masks)
- Banana boat ride
- Paddleboard hire
- Marine environmental charge
- Fuel levy
Customers can purchase soft drinks and water for $3 on the boat.
What to bring
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, a towel, and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine)
- Sense of fun and adventure!
How to get there
Check-in opens 30mins prior to departure at Coral Sea Marina North End – Meeting point B
Winter Schedule: 1st June to 31st October
Departs: Coral Sea Marina 9:30 am
Returns: Coral Sea Marina 6:00 pm
Summer Schedule: 1st November to 31st May
Departs: Coral Sea Marina 10:00 am
Returns: Coral Sea Marina 6:30 pm
Open-dated tickets MUST give 7 days’ notice to book.
***Vouchers must be presented upon boarding***
Check-in: Please make your own way to Coral Sea Marina North End – Meeting Point B. The vessel will depart at 10 am sharp, so please don’t be late. It is advisable to bring a rain jacket during the summer months (January – April) and warmer clothes during the winter months (June-September).
This trip is suitable for backpackers aged between 18 and 35 years old.
Please ensure you check availability before booking, and plan your trip well in advance.
Travel insurance is highly recommended, particularly during the wet season (January – April).
Children under four years old must be approved before departure and supply their own lifejacket.